The annual 2019 Texas-Wide Genealogy Lock-In is Friday, October 18 from 9 am – 9 pm at Haggard Library.
At the 19th annual Genealogy Lock-In, attendees will hone their genealogical skills and uncover fascinating family facts through live webinars on a variety of topics:
- Genealogy basics
- Using technology for genealogical research
- Legal and military records
- Researching and analyzing DNA
- Dating family photos
The Genealogy Center (located at Haggard Library) provides a wealth of documents, images and premium online resources such as Ancestry Library Edition. Our expert staff is available to assist you with specialized research. You can Book-a-Genealogy Librarian for 1-on-1 assistance using the form on our website here.
We offer free classes year-round at the Genealogy Center, which you can see in our current Engage brochure. Classes start from the basics through oral histories and beyond. Some upcoming classes include:
- Wednesday, October 16 at 9:30 am: How to Write a Family Book, Part 1
- Monday, October 21 at 7 pm: Microsoft OneNote for Genealogy User Groups
- Tuesday, October 22 at 1:30 pm: Legacy Research
- Wednesday, October 23 at 9:30 am: How to Write a Family Book, Part 2
- Thursday, October 31 at 9:30 am: DNA 101