The Plano Public Library can help with your academic endeavors! Sign up for your Plano Public Library card today.
With Plano Public Library you can:
- Use computers, WiFi, scanner and more
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud and equipment in our Digital Creation Spaces at Haggard and Parr Library
- Develop and print prototypes with a 3D printer at Harrington, Davis and Parr Libraries
- Explore digital books, audiobooks, magazines, and video streaming
- Request a 1-on-1 appointment with a librarian for assistance
- Use library spaces to study, read for enjoyment and meet for group projects
For some of these resources, you may need a Plano Public Library card.
Do you want to learn about different skills and resources that can help you in school? Check out our virtual programs! Our robust virtual-programming schedule includes programs that focus on a variety of useful skills for students. Learn how to budget for college, overcome procrastination or simply keep organized with bullet journaling.
- Business & job seeker workshops including Microsoft Excel: Simple Budgets (Basics), Game of Life, and more: YouTube Playlist
- Personal development including Make an Impression in 30 Seconds or Less, Turn Busy into Productive, and more: YouTube Playlist
- Virtual Learning Made Easy and Library 101: Databases
Have no fear, homework help is here! Your Plano Public Library card gives you access to helpful resources when the struggle gets real.
- Backed by The Princeton Review, Tutor.com is a one-stop shop where you can request 1-on-1 assistance from specialized tutors, submit papers for review, drop off a math question, take a practice quiz or prep for standardized tests.
- Pack your research projects with articles from newspapers, journals, and magazines using Academic Search Complete.
- Reading and fun! Visit Eric, Teaching Books, and Storyline Online to help inspire the love of reading.
Quiz yourself as you prepare for the STAAR, SAT, GRE, civil service and other tests using library resources.
- Learning Express Library offers guides and practice tests for college entrance, graduate school, and professional certification exams, including the STAAR, NCLEX, Police Officer Exam, ACT and more.
- Prepare for SAT, ACT, graduate school exams, and AP tests with Tutor.com
- Study for the Naturalization Test with ProCitizen
- Browse the library’s catalog for test prep books and more
Exploring Colleges and Careers
What’s in store for your future? Explore college and career resources by visiting our databases, and this blog post.
- Take practice tests on Learning Express Library for a variety of career exams such as: civil service, cosmetology, firefighter, law enforcement and more. Practice tests are also available for the GED, SAT, ACT and other educational exams along with software tutorials and additional learning tools.
- Have your resume and/or cover letters reviewed by professionals at Tutor.com or take advantage of their career coaching services
- Search for jobs or internships and research possible employers with Reference Solutions. Learn more from our Reference USA for Job Search Workshop.
- LinkedIn Learning offers virtual training courses that cover topics such as: business, design, web development, multimedia skills, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and more.
There are dozens of pathways to education and employment after high school–where will your path take you? Navigate Your Future is a video series that explores these options and more.