Unleash your imagination at the Plano Public Library’s Digital Creation Space.
Located at Haggard Library and Parr Library, use our free resources to record a podcast, digitally paint a webcomic, work on group media projects, format a novel, create a digital photo book and more.
Can’t make it to Haggard or Parr Library? All five Plano Public Library locations have a Digital Creation computer with Adobe Creative Cloud. Bring photos to edit, videos to compile, audio to adjust and more.
How to Access this Technology & Space
Reserve an Adobe Computer or the Digital Creation Space by calling or requesting a reservation up to two weeks in advance. Reservations are limited availability and users must have a library card in good standing. Users 13-17 years old require parent/guardian permission to use the Digital Creation Space.
|Hours of Operation|
|Mon-Thu, 9 am – 8 pm|
|Fri, 9 am – 5 pm|
|Sat, 10 am – 5 pm|
|Sun, 1 – 4 pm|
Technology Available to Use
In the Digital Creation Spaces you can:
- request an expert staff member to assist utilizing with our Book-a-Librarian service
- work on group media projects
- take classes to learn a new technology or software: check out upcoming virtual classes on the Activities Calendar and for previously recorded virtual content on the Plano Public Library YouTube channel
Each space has computers with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office applications, as well as cameras, microphones, drawing tablets and lighting systems. Haggard Library also has an iMac with software like Garageband, iMovie and GIMP installed.
Recently added software includes:
- Unity – game coding software; free open-source
- Visual Studio Code – coding software; free open-source (Needed to work with Unity)
- Soundbridge – a complete digital audio workstation (DAW) works with DCS MIDI sound mixer; free open-source
- UnReal Engine 4 – 3D design software; free open-source