Business is a key component of our community, providing products, services, experiences and jobs. Find connections to resources for learning and growth at Plano Public Library. The Library offers a variety of tools that support the development of both technical and soft skills.
With Plano Public Library you can:
- Use computers with internet access, WiFi, printing and scanning to prepare documents, submit applications and forms, research jobs and more
- Learn technology tips for common software and applications
- Learn digital creation skills such as photo and video editing, podcasting, and business card design in staff-taught Digital Creation classes
- Attend career development, job search, and small business workshops hosted by knowledgeable library staff and community partners
- Get ready for commonly needed tests and licenses with books and online resources Learning Express, Tutor.com and LinkedIn Learning
- Learn a new language or reinforce your language skills with circulating books, audios and videos or online with Pronunciator
- Explore print and digital books, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers and streaming videos
- Research using free premium library databases
- Ask a short question or request an appointment with a librarian for individual assistance
For some of these resources, you may need a Plano Public Library card.
SCORE Mentoring and Classes
Connect with a Dallas SCORE Mentor to receive free small business advice at the library. Highly successful and experienced business professionals and entrepreneurs serve as SCORE mentors, delivering valuable, timely and practical advice on every aspect of business. This is a free service for start-ups or existing businesses.
Make an appointment by calling SCORE at 214-987-9491 or email Don Walter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Schimelpfenig on Thursdays, by appointment only
5pm | 6pm | 7pm
Team Up for Entrepreneurial Success – TUES
In partnership with SCORE Dallas, a nonprofit organization supporting small business development, Haggard Library is hosting Team Up for Entrepreneurial Success (TUES) on the fourth Tuesday of each month starting January 2022. These monthly networking sessions cover different business development topics and give you an opportunity to interact with one another while receiving expert advice from a SCORE Mentor. Check out the latest schedule and updates from TUES on the blog.
Learn more about this new program from SCORE Mentor Don Walter on the Plano Library Speaks podcast.
Learn more about useful resources, software and tools to support your business and career endeavors during our virtual workshops. Check the calendar for more details about upcoming sessions.
*This section is under construction, so some pages may not be available yet (Dec 2020)
|Business Databases and Resources |
A variety of databases and resources related to business, news, investment research and professional development. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
|Career Databases and Resources |
A variety of databases and resources related to career development and guidance. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
|Other Databases and Resources |
A variety of databases and resources related to personal and professional development. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
|Job Search Resources |
A variety of tutorials, resources, articles and more to help you search for a job.
|Resources for Small Businesses |
Resources for small businesses including guidance and services available through our community partners.
|Resources for Online Businesses |
Resources to support and maintain online businesses.
|Technology Training |
Skills for success in today’s marketplace certainly include an understanding of digital tools. Plano Public Library offers a variety of resources supporting the development of technical skills.