Plano Library Speaks: Podcast Episode #1
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to Plano Library Speaks, the podcast of Plano Public Library!
In this first episode, we’ll introduce you to your hosts, Rachel and Bob, and to our format. Each show will consist of four segments, as seen below for this episode.
In this segment, we’ll explore resources for lifelong learning with a focus on business and career. Our guest for this episode (and future shows) is Kristin Linscott, from our Outreach & Engagement department, who discusses…
- SCORE mentorships – information found here on our blog
- Virtual programs mentioned in this segment (more details can be found here):
- Wednesdays in October – LinkedIn for Career Success series
- 10/9/21 Exploring Careers in Construction
- 10/16/21 Business Plan 101
- 10/22/21 Better Communication. Better Results.
- LinkedIn Learning can be accessed from this page, with your library card number and PIN
- Plano Public Library Youtube channel
- Business & Partnerships page on our website
: The library of course has many programs for children and families, from our popular Story Times to cultural events. Today we spoke to Haggard librarian Andrea Cabrerra and learned about early literacy principles and how the library incorporates these into our programming.
- The five early literacy practices, from our blog
In this segment, we’ll explore aspects and services of the library of which you might not be aware. Today Schimelpfenig librarian Trish Clark talks with us about equipment and software for business needs you probably don’t have at home, but is available at your library!
Finally, in each show you will meet one of our staff members. This episode features Davis Librarian Laura Hargrove, who talks about our Teen Advisory Board, the Teen Street Team.
Be sure to subscribe to Plano Library Speaks to get the newest episode each month. Learn more here.
One thought on “Plano Library Speaks: Podcast Episode #1”
Pingback: Plano Library Speaks: Podcast Episode #2 – Plano Library Learns