Getting Started with Learning Express Library
Learning Express Library is available with your Plano Public Library card.
Looking for ways to practice for your SAT or AP exams? Want to try out your nursing exam before you sit for the real test? Ready to brush up on your interview skills and update your resume? Searching for ways to improve your computer skills? Learning Express Library can help!
You have access to comprehensive educational resources, including 1,000 interactive tutorials, practice exams for school and career, articles and eBooks. Resources range from basic skills mastery to academic success to job preparation and career advancement.
To get started, access Learning Express Library through the Plano Public Library website. You may browse the site immediately, but to access resources you’ll need to register for a free account. Registration only requires an email and password. Once you’ve registered, you can save your work in progress, store score reports and revisit practice tests, tutorials or eBooks.
For quick access to content, try the search box at the top of the page. Enter your keywords and quickly filter your results by resource type. For more focused resources, explore one of ten different resource centers. Here are some highlights from each:
Job and Career Resources
- Job & Career Accelerator: Use these tools to explore different occupations or search for jobs and internships. You also have access to resources to help with building your resume, interviewing, and getting hired.
- Career Center Plus: Whether you’re hoping to start a new career or advance in your current filed, these tools can help. You’ll find resources for civil service exams, commercial drivers license (CDL) exams, law enforcement exams, nursing exams, and more. No more waiting for test prep books – you have instant access to full length practice tests you can print or take online. There are three options: practicing at your own pace, simulating the testing environment, and viewing answers as you complete each question.
Adult Education Resources
- Computer Skills Center: These video courses will help you learn the basics of computers and the internet. There are also resources to help you navigate Windows operating systems and the Microsoft product suite.
- Adult Core Skills: This center highlights skills like math, reading, writing, speaking, grammar, and U.S. citizenship.
- High School Equivalency Center: Here you’ll find guided support and preparation to earn your high school equivalency. You’ll find basic skill resources, plus materials specifically for the GED, HiSET, and TASC tests.
Resources in Spanish
The Recursos Para Hispanohablantes section provides a variety of resources for learning, career, and citizenship topics in Spanish. You can find tools for building your language skills, improving math skills, preparing for the GED, and studying for the citizenship exam, among others.
Once you’ve created an account, you automatically have My Center. This portal organizes all your resources by type into easy-to-navigate sections. You can track your progress, easily return to resources, and even delete things you no longer need. Once you start a tutorial, it automatically appears in your portal.
For additional assistance, see the Frequently Asked Questions and video tutorials from Learning Express. You can also reach out to library staff for more personalized assistance: Book A Virtual Librarian here.
4 thoughts on “Getting Started with Learning Express Library”
Wonderful work! This is the type of info that should be shared around the internet. Shame on Google for not ranking this post higher! Thanks =)
Pingback: Navigate Your Future: Career Exploration Tools – Plano Library Learns
Pingback: Exploring Colleges & Careers – Plano Library Learns
Pingback: Get to Know: Tenille Miller – Plano Library Learns