Evaluate the qualifications needed for your professional goals and acquire those skills.
- LinkedIn Learning provides video tutorials on a variety of disciplines including job searching, career management, software training, and communication skills in the workplace (Access through the Research & Learn link on the PPL homepage)
- Learning Express Library has online practice tests for many career exams including exams for civil service, firefighters, emergency medical services, law enforcement, real estate, nursing and more. College admissions practice exams are also available. Visit Learning Express Library’s Computer Skills Center to improve computer skills and become familiar with popular Microsoft software tools.
- Gale – Udemy offers thousands of video courses to improve business skills, technical skills, leadership and management skills, and personal development in a large variety of categories.
- Kanopy View instructional videos featuring business and professional skills. Some videos pertain to public speaking, critical business skills, leadership and management, and more.
- Consult the Plano Public Library Calendar and the Engage Brochure for skill-building classes.
- Explore the Plano Public Library catalog for skill-building books, eBooks and eAudiobooks.
Not sure where to start? Book-a-librarian!
- Microsoft Office Step by Step (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365) by Joan Lambert (Print)
- Microsoft Excel Step by Step (Office 2021 and Microsoft 365) by Joan Lambert (Print)
- Arrive and Thrive: 7 Impactful Practices for Women Navigating Leadership by Susan Brady (Print)
- The Career Toolkit: Essential Skills for Success That no one Taught You by Mark Herschberg (Print)
- The Art of Caring Leadership: How Leading with Heart Uplifts Teams and Organizations by Heather Younger (Print)