Are you a car enthusiast or a professional mechanic? With Plano Public Library, you have 24/7 access to the ChiltonLibrary, a comprehensive auto repair database.
ChiltonLibrary has information on more than 18,000 kinds of vehicles from the 1940s to current models, and includes:
- Out-of-the-library mobile access
- VIN Decoder, which allows a user to submit their vehicle identification number (VIN) and gather valuable information for a car or truck
- More than 2,500 easy-to-access videos and animations
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting information
- Wiring and vacuum diagrams and detailed schematics
- Manufacturer-recommended maintenance intervals
- Technical service bulletins and recalls
- Warranty and Chilton Labor Estimating Tool for common repair procedures
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) technician test-prep quizzes
To access the database, click here.
To learn more, watch a video on Getting Started with ChiltonLibrary.
Check it Out
For more automotive resources, browse our collection. Here are a few titles:
Auto Repair & Maintenance by Dave Stribling | Print
Auto Upkeep: Basic Car Care, Maintenance, and Repair by Michael E. Gray | Print
Automotive Detailing in Detail: A Guide to Enhancing, Renovating and Maintaining Your Vehicle’s Appearance by Dom Colbeck, Jon Steele and David McLean | Print
Car Hacks by Craig Stewart | Print
Girls Auto Clinic Glove Box Guide by Patrice Banks | Print
How to Paint Your Car by Dennis Parks | Print
How to Repair Automotive Air-conditioning & Heating Systems by Jerry Clemons | Print
How to Restore Classic Car Interiors: Repair, Restoration, Maintenance, edited by Veloce Publishing | Print