*Note: some services may not be available or have changed due to COVID-19. See the library website for updates.
Business is a key component of our community, providing products, services, experiences and jobs. Find connections to resources for learning and growth at Plano Public Library. The Library offers a variety of tools that support the development of both technical and soft skills.
With your Plano Public Library card, you can:
- Use computers with internet access, WiFi, printing and scanning to prepare documents, submit applications and forms, research jobs and more
- Learn technology tips for common software and applications
- Learn digital creation skills such as photo and video editing, podcasting, and business card design in staff-taught Digital Creation classes
- Attend career development, job search, and small business workshops hosted by knowledgeable library staff and community partners
- Get ready for commonly needed tests and licenses with books and online resources Learning Express, Tutor.com and Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning)
- Learn a new language or reinforce your language skills with circulating books, audios and videos or online with Pronunciator
- Explore print and digital books, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers and streaming videos
- Research using free premium library databases
- Ask a short question or request an appointment with a librarian for individual assistance
Learn more about useful resources, software and tools to support your business and career endeavors during our virtual workshops. Check the calendar for more details about upcoming sessions.
*This section is under construction, so some pages may not be available yet (Dec 2020)
A variety of databases and resources related to business, news, investment research and professional development. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
A variety of databases and resources related to career development and guidance. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
A variety of databases and resources related to personal and professional development. A valid Plano Public Library card is required to access most databases.
Job Search Resources
A variety of tutorials, resources, articles and more to help you search for a job.
Resources for Small Businesses
Resources for small businesses including guidance and services available through our community partners.
Resources for Online Businesses
Resources to support and maintain online businesses.
Skills for success in today’s marketplace certainly include an understanding of digital tools. Plano Public Library offers a variety of resources supporting the development of technical skills.