Gale Business: Entrepreneurship is a reference database for all aspects of running a business. It includes start-up plans, budgeting aids, employee management ideas, marketing case studies, and more. With your Plano Public Library card, you have access to this amazing resource! You can get the basics in this blog post, and learn more during our Gale Entrepreneurship virtual workshop on Friday, September 8 at 3pm. Register for this Zoom class to watch live, and catch the recording on the Plano Public Library YouTube channel.
From the Gale website:
Gale Business: Entrepreneurship is a comprehensive database that covers all aspects of starting and operating a business, including accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more. It combines authoritative periodical and reference content to support prospective and current entrepreneurs as well as business students. Experience an easy-to-browse interface mapped to four key stages—plan, fund, start, and manage—to fit your research needs at any point in your business’s development.
Here are some interesting features:
- Streamline Your Searches: Users can search by subject or keyword or link directly to pre-compiled information based on popular business topics and types, sample business plans, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Get Multi-Resource Support Business Plans: Gale Business: Entrepreneurship features the entire Business Plans Handbook series, which contains over 1,000 of sample business plans created by real-life entrepreneurs.
- eBooks: Browse a tightly indexed collection of small business-focused eBooks from Gale, John Wiley & Sons, and other publishing partners.
- Periodicals: View articles from hundreds of journals and magazines like The Economist, Inc., Financial Management, and The Tax Adviser.
- Directories: Easily locate thousands of associations, consultants, consulting organizations, trade shows, business information sources, and more.
- Websites: Vetted, fully indexed, topically relevant, and annotated website listings provide helpful links to outside resources and articles related to current campaigns.
The four main topics of content are Plan, Fund, Start and Manage. Use these topics to build a business plan and conduct market research, explore options to finance your startups or expansion of your businesses, decide how you want to legally structure and set up the ownership of your business, and learn how to keep track of your finances, manage staff, market and more.
When you click on any of these topics – say, Business Plans – Gale opens a page further describing what the topic is, examples, recommended resources, journals and directories related to the topic and more.
With your library card, you also have access to Gale Legal Forms, which ties nicely with Gale Business: Entrepreneurship. Legal Forms give you access to authentic, professional legal documents for businesses – filing patents and trademarks, developing leases, creating bills of sale, delegating power of attorney, filing for divorce, creating wills and estates, filing for bankruptcy, and more. Access Gale Legal Forms here.