Spring 2023 Engage Highlights
Engage with Plano Public Library this spring! Our Spring 2023 Engage brochure is now available online and in-person, packed full of exciting events for you and your family. Let’s explore the exciting events planned for the new year!
Highlights & All Ages Events
Save the Date – Buy a Bag of Books Sale
Our next Buy a Bag of Books sale will be hosted at Haggard Library from March 4-12. See page 9 for more details and future expected dates.
Trains! Trains! Trains!
Do you know someone who loves trains? Come explore the Narrow Gauge model train exhibit provided by the Spring Creek Model Railroad Club. This exciting display will be set up at Haggard Library on March 11 and 12. See page 9 for more information.
Supporting Neurodivergent Access to Programming (SNAP) Events
SNAP events are sensory-friendly and targeted toward the needs of neurodiverse children, teens, and adults as well as their families. See our full program roster on page 14!
- Registration for some programs opens on January 2; fill out our new online form to begin the registration process
- Attend our newest SNAP program, SNAP Silent Dance Party! Intended for ages 3-5
- SNAP Storytime now offered in two sessions. Registration for the second five-week session begins March 1
Join us on Sunday, March 5 from 2-4pm at Davis Library for this exciting South Asian festival and learn about culture through a variety of activities for all ages. Check out page 16 for additional Arts & Culture programs for all ages.
Events for Adults
LinkedIn for Business Series
LinkedIn offers tools to connect you with clients and opportunities. Learn how to expand your personal profile, establish a company page and learn networking strategies. Check out page 3 to learn more about this virtual program series, which starts on Wednesday, March 8.
Events for Entrepreneurs
Expanding your small business? Take a look at pages 3 and 4 to learn about programs and partnerships that Plano Public Library can offer.
- Appointments with SCORE Dallas business mentors can be scheduled on Thursday evenings at Schimelpfenig Library (page 3)
- Register online for TUES (Team Up for Entrepreneurial Success) programs, including Start-up Resources and Business Finance Basics (page 4)
Citizenship and Language Events
Prepare for US citizenship and develop English language skills; see page 7 to learn more.
- Light of Hope Immigration Law Center offers Citizenship Classes to prepare for the citizenship exam
- Practice English conversational skills in person or virtually with weekly Small Talk programs
- ESL classes continue at Haggard and Parr Libraries throughout the season on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8:30pm; registration information and more details on page 7
Enrich Your Life
Develop a new skill, attend a book club and connect with your community! Explore your options for artistic and cultural programs on pages 6-8.
- Learn about family history with Genealogy programs, such as DNA basics and Women of Plano History (page 6)
- Meet new friends and share your experiences with Connecting Seniors and Memory Keepers programs (page 6)
- Explore personal, property and financial safety with the Plano Police Department (page 7)
- Connect with other writers and artists with programs such as The Writer’s Block and Sit & Stitch (page 8)
- Get ready for your favorite book club and get started on your next title (page 8)
Events for Kids, Tweens & Teens
Exciting STEAM Programs
Check out brand-new (and tried and true) STEAM programs for every age on pages 10 – 12 and 15. Learn about infinity tiles, isopods and insect pinning!
Teen Street Team Open House
Are you interested in earning volunteer experience and contributing to the library? Teens ages 13-18 are welcome at our open house event on Monday, April 24 at Schimelpfenig Library from 6:30-8pm. More information on page 13.
Storytimes at Plano Public Library
Be sure to check our storytime schedule on page 20 to confirm your favorite storytime times, dates, and location!
We look forward to seeing you in our libraries throughout the year!