Do you enjoy a good binge-fest over books, tv series, or films? Join us to talk about all things binge-worthy in our new Reel Reading club for Teens.
Reel Reading is a teen-specific book, film and TV club meeting virtually on the fourth Monday of each month at 7 p.m. via Zoom. This club is for ages 13-18 and each month will have a genre or theme to explore. Register for our next session here.
Teen Street Team member Jackie is our guest blogger for this month and talks about their favorite romance reads.
Hey readers! We’re super excited to announce our not-so-surprising genre for this month: Romance! Join our teen-led book club meeting to talk about all of your favorite cheesy romances, or even discover a few to add to your “to read” list. Even if you aren’t a romance novel fan, you can come to share some of your favorite rom-com movies and shows as well!
Personally, I don’t find myself reading much Romance (I’m more of a dystopian girl), but when I read Heartless by Marissa Meyer, that all changed. There are plenty of romance novels out there that truly do a good job of painting a world where the relationship between characters feels natural, and you can often find yourself lost in it. To me, Meyer’s pre-Alice-in-Wonderland setting was perfect. It was quirky and interesting while maintaining the elements of nostalgia from watching the movie as a child. I was thoroughly surprised and impressed at how well she was able to blend fantasy and romance so seamlessly into a single novel– and how easily I invested myself in it.
Even if you aren’t a huge Romance fan, I encourage you to explore the different romance novels out there; from realistic fiction romance to dystopian end-of-the-world romance, I have no doubt you’ll find a story that piques your interest. So if you don’t have any Valentine’s day plans, then come join us for Reel Reading on Monday, February 28th from 7-8 p.m.! Have a valentine? Bring them along with you!
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- The Selection by Kiera Cass – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- Five Feet Apart by Rachael Lippincott – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- A Pho Love Story by Loan Le – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- These Violet Delights by Chloe Gong – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
More romance recommendations:
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman – Print | eBook
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levensteller – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- Not Here to Be Liked by Michelle Quach – Print | eBook
- XOXO by Axie Oh – Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- We Can’t Keep Meeting Like This by Rachel Lynn Solomon – Print | eBook
Reel Reading meets on Monday, February 28 at 7 p.m. tp discuss Romance books, TV and films for teens. Register for our next session here.