Learn about different Budget templates in Excel and the best one for your needs.
On August 5, 2020, we hosted Microsoft Excel: Simple Budgets (Basics), a virtual workshop taught by library staff. In this blog post, you will find the recording of this workshop along with additional learning resources to book your Excel and budgeting skills.
To follow along, be sure to have Microsoft Excel open. A free 30 day trial version of Excel is available.
Take your learning to the next level with these online courses and eBooks from Plano Public Library. You need a library card to access these resources – register for a card online here.
Learning Express Library > Computer Skills Center
In the Computer Skills Center you can learn a variety of basic computer and Internet skills, as well as popular software. This include Microsoft Excel (up to 2016) and Microsoft Excel 365.
Lynda.com (LinkedIn Learning)
Lynda.com is a valuable service for anyone looking to increase their professional and personal development. There is an entire section dedicated to Excel Training and Tutorials. We suggest: Money in Excel (6/15/2020), Creating Business Budgets (11/2018) and Excel 365 Essential Training (9/2019).
- You Need a Budget by Jesse Mecham eBook
- Pogue’s Basics: Money by David Pogue eBook
- Broke Millennial by Erin Lowry eBook
- Budgeting 101 by Michele Cagan eBook
- The 30-Day Money Cleanse by Ashley Feinstein Gerstley eBook
- The Financial Diet by Chelsea Fagan eBook
- Millennial Money Makeover by Conor Richardson eBook
- This is the Year I Put My Financial Life in Order by John Schwartz eBook
- Playing with FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) by Scott Rieckens eBook
- Idiot’s Guides – Personal Finance in Your 20s & 30s by Sarah Young Fisher eBook