Virtual Field Trip: Van Gogh Museum
Ready to travel? To virtually explore the world? Join us on a virtual field trip to the Van Gogh Museum!
The museum dedicated to the famous Dutch artist Vincent Van Gogh features many of his works and works of his contemporaries.
See our video tutorial on using Google to explore the Van Gogh Museum. Below is the process step-by-step, additional activities and library resources.
1. Google “Van Gogh Museum.” Click on the Map view.
2. Zoom in close to the museum and pick up the street view tool and select a location to drop.
3. Explore by clicking on the arrows and x’s to virtually explore the museum. When there is a blue dot, click that to find more information on an object. Use the back arrow at top left to go back to the map and drop street view tool again in another part of the museum.
1. Who was Van Gogh? Use the Discovery search tool on the Library’s homepage to find articles and books on this famous artist. Why style of art was he known for? What were his most famous paintings? And which one is your favorite and why?
2. Other artists are featured in this museum. Select one from the paintings you see and research more on that artist.
3. Color like Van Gogh by printing out a coloring sheet from the Van Gogh Gallery.
Your library has a plethora of books and databases for you to use to learn more about Vincent Van Gogh. You will need a Plano Public Library card to use these resources:
Kid Artists by David Stabler
The Van Gogh Deception by Deron Hicks
Vincent and Theo by Deborah Heiligman
One thought on “Virtual Field Trip: Van Gogh Museum”
Pingback: Virtual Program Recap 18 – Plano Library Learns