On June 26, we held a watercolor workshop, going over the steps of completing a floral still life with a demonstration.
In this post, we’ll share the class recording, a list of materials used and additional library resources to work on your watercolor skills. See the recording below, along with a PDF of the presentation:
Materials that were used to complete this painting:
Disclaimer: the library does not recommend one product over another. This is intended for informational purposes.
- Watercolors: Yasutomo Paints Pearlescent Watercolor Set, 21-Colors; Multicolor and Smart Watercolor Palette, 42-colors
- Ink on top: Pigma Micron 005 pen and Gelly Roll 05
Here is the final result:
Here is an additional step by step guidance on watercolor painting. With your library card, you have access to our Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center. You can find it by completing the following steps:
- Start at www.planolibrary.org
- Click on Learn
- Click on Research & Learn and the letters H-N
- Find the Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center and it will prompt you for your library card number
- Search “watercolor” and you can find numerous articles or projects (as shown in the screenshot below):