Ringing in 2020 with Plano Public Library
Looking for a festive way to celebrate the arrival of 2020? Plano Public Library has the perfect family friendly celebration plans!
Ring in the new year at one of our exciting festivities. Want to celebrate without staying up late? Noon Year’s Eve will kickoff at Haggard and Parr starting at 11 am counting down to 12:00 noon! This is a come and go program with hands-on activities perfect for the whole family to enjoy.
It’s 2019 and there is a rip in the space-time continuum! Tweens and teens in grades 4+ will search for clues and solve puzzles and riddles to unlock several boxes in search of a flash drive in order to “save the world” at our Break Out of 2019 escape room. If they are successful, they’ll save the world from being stuck in 2019 forever on Tuesday, December 31 at 2 pm at Davis Library.
Need some inspiration for your new year’s resolutions?
Check out these titles from the library collection to help kick start your new year’s resolutions:
- Try A Year Full of Recipes to start up new cooking habits
- 52 Small Changes offers practical methods to managing wellness
- Strategize your weight loss plan with Thinner this Year
- Career development is possible with the help of What’s Next?
- Creativity running low? Check out An Illustrated Life
- Mentally reset for 2020 using The Healthy Mind Toolkit
- Get ahead of your spending and work toward financial health with the 30-Day Money Cleanse
Still looking for more ways to improve during 2020? Check out our online resource, Lynda.com, for career and personal development or impress your colleagues by learning a new language using Pronunciator.