There are countless ways to explore art at the Plano Public Library (PPL), including video streaming, eBooks, databases, virtual program videos and more. Download 100 Art Resources, which features curated digital resources from PPL about painting, drawing, quilting and more.
Premium databases & Technology
Resources listed below require a Plano Public Library card (click here to apply online).
- Kanopy – video streaming and Great Courses
- Flipster – digital magazines
- Pressreader – digital magazines and newspapers, including American Fine Art Magazine, International Artist, Art Press and Arts Illustrated
- Libby – eBooks
- EBSCO Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center – eBooks and articles related to a variety of art, hobby and craft topics
- LinkedIn Learning – online courses
All five locations have a computer (or space) for digital art creation, with Adobe Creative Cloud installed. Digital Creation Spaces at Haggard and Parr libraries also have tools – cameras, drawing tablets, microphones, synth keyboard – for you to use. Read more about our Digital Creation Spaces.
STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math) Kits offer families a way to experiment and learn together. This collection continues to grow and supports STEAM-based learning. Kits check out for one to three weeks depending on the kit and are available at all five library locations. You can even place them on hold for pickup at your PPL location of choice!
This collection includes Art Kits for exploring new hobbies. Each kit includes books and/or DVDs full of instruction and inspiration as well as the materials you need to start creating. Learn how to knit, take up brush lettering and calligraphy, or learn the basics of watercolor. You can find all of our STEAM Kits in the library catalog – search “STEAM Kits”.