From March 1 to August 31, Plano Public Library is hosting an Online Stop Motion Animation Festival here on this site!
This event is open to all ages, and is a great family project!
Submit an original 30 second to 2-minute stop motion animation video and we’ll post it here, in this online exhibit!
- All ages
- You may film and edit your video on any device – camcorder, camera, phone, or tablet
- Video must be longer than 30 seconds, but no more than 2 minutes
- Film content must be appropriate for a public library setting. Library staff will determine appropriateness
- Nothing dangerous must be shown in the video
- No copyrighted content
- No use of firearms/weaponry (Fake guns such as Nerf, etc. are okay)
- No blood/gore
- Do not submit a Tik-Tok/Instagram video
- You can submit multiple videos
How to submit your video
- Upload your video to a Google Drive account, and share it with HaggardDCS@gmail.com
- You may email your entry as an attachment to that address as well. Email to HaggardDCS@gmail.com
- Upload your video to a Youtube account
Then – fill out this form to let us know the details of your entry!
How to create a stop motion video?
We recommend using Stop Motion Studio, a simple app that can be put on most mobile devices, as well as Mac and Windows computers. It is inexpensive, and there is a free version of iOS.
Here’s a quick video from Youtube to show you how it works! There are plenty of lessons on Youtube, but this app is very easy to learn. Of course, you are free to use any method or technology you wish!