Did you know that Plano Public Library’s digital library is open all day, every day? With your library card, you have access to countless digital resources, all accessible from the comfort of your own home or wherever you are!
- STEM collection: variety of eBooks on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics concepts for adults.
- Art collection: over 100 eBooks and eAudiobooks on both informational and instructional titles.
- Performing Arts collection: over 300 titles (both eBooks and eAudiobooks) including memoirs and other books on film, television, radio, and music.
- Language Arts collection: eBooks and eAudiobooks on writing and storytelling.
- Science and Nature: including National Geographic, Smithsonian, and more.
- Computers and Technology: including PC Magazine, Wired, Popular Mechanics, and more.
- Photo: including Photography Masterclass, Outdoor Photographer and more.
- Music: including Music Tech, Bass Player and more.
OverDrive and Libby allow younger browsers many options to narrow their search for the perfect eBook or eAudiobook for their educational needs. Included are the options to select the language in which you would like to read (English or Spanish), grade level, and text difficulty.
- Science collection: includes over 200 eBooks and eAudiobooks for children related to various science and nature topics.
- Technology collection: includes titles related to robots, bicycles, software, and much more.
- Computer Technology collection: includes eBooks on topics including coding, 3D printing, and gaming guides.
- Engineering collection: delivers eBooks on simple machines, solar-powered gadgets, and other inventions.
- Art, Music, and Performing Arts collections: include eBooks on topics such as Calligraphy, Jazz, and Dance.
- Mathematics collection: provides information on math concepts including managing money, measurement, and word problems.
Did you know that OverDrive and Libby not only have countless young adult fiction titles for teens but also provide teens with access to STEAM-related eBooks and eAudiobooks? By browsing the Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics sections, teens can enrich their STEAM learning experiences at home or on the go. Bioluminescence, computer forensics, rockets, creating graphic novels, and trigonometry are just a few of the many STEAM topics covered in OverDrive/Libby for Teens.
PressReader (read online or through the app)
PressReader provides access to over 7,000 publications. Search for topics in both newspapers and magazines to continue learning about STEAM concepts. Browse publications such as Rock & Gem, Techlife News, Popular Mechanics, Native American Art, and Mathematics Today online or on the go with the PressReader app.
Kanopy (watch online or through the Kanopy app)
- The Arts includes films and documentaries on architecture, dance, and photography.
- Science, Nature & Technology includes documentaries on a wide variety of topics such as Environmental Sciences, the Animal Kingdom, and Farming and Food Production.
- Sciences also includes documentaries on scientific fields such as Computer Science and IT, Astronomy and Aeronautics, Engineering, and Chemistry.
- The Health section includes documentaries on Child Health, Medicine, Mental Health, and Sports and Fitness.
- Access to Kanopy also includes The Great Courses on topics such as history, hobbies, literature, humanities and sciences, lifestyle, and general skills.
Kanopy offers five play credits per month (one movie or tv show episode = one credit) with your library card.
Kanopy for Kids (watch online or through the Kanopy app)
Kanopy for Kids includes a variety of films, both entertaining and educational, appropriate for children of all ages.
- Learning Science, Math & Nature (must be logged in to Kanopy> Kanopy Kids) explores topics including Earth and Space, Cool Science, Weather, and Measurement.
- The TV section of Kanopy includes many educational television shows such as Science Max, Wild Kratts, SciGirls, and Ready, Jet, Go!
Kanopy for Kids offers unlimited viewing with your library card.