Tenille is a Librarian at Plano Public Library, working from Haggard Library. Check out our interview with Tenille to learn more about what she does at the library, her favorite way to help the Plano community, and meet her host puppet!
While I help manage programming for seniors, adults and our early literacy storytimes, one of my favorite ways to help our community is through my work with teens. Teens are a unique group of patrons in the library and we want to make sure they are taken care of and given plenty of opportunities and resources to find what they need and are interested in.Tenille Miller
Tenille is part of a group of librarians who lead the Teen Street Team, which is a team of teens who help Plano Public Library target exactly what teens are interested in and how we as a library can improve the services we offer to this age group. This teen group creates, leads and participates in teen related programming in the library and offers their peers many ways to gain help and resources through Plano Public Library. Some of these programs include topics such as Financial Literacy, College Preparation, STEAM, and other social and teen-centered programs like Reel Reading book, movie and TV series club which meets once a month.
Looking for resources for you or a teen you know? Check out what Plano Public Library has available:
- Library programs – free, no library card needed! Check out the latest program schedule on our website
- Volunteers in Plano – find volunteer opportunities for Plano teens ages 13+
- Tutor.com – live, online tutoring daily as well as paper reviews, test prep and job resources
- Learning Express Library – interactive tutorials, practice exams for school and career, articles and eBooks; resources range from basic skills mastery to academic success to job preparation and career advancement
- Teen STEAM Kits – from chess to coding to 3D world building
- Digital Creation Spaces – for ages 13+, use our computers, hardware and software to create videos, edit photos and more
- Books: print, audiobooks and eBooks for Young Adults (including Manga and Graphic Novels)