Teens met recently to talk about their favorite romance books, TV shows and movies.
Reel Reading is a teen-specific book, film and TV club meeting virtually on the fourth Tuesday each month at 7 p.m. via Zoom. This club is for ages 13-18 and each month will have a genre or theme to explore. Register for our next session here – it’s all about Science Fiction.
Due to a library closure for the newest library catalog system (check out the new catalog here, and download the library app), the latest Reel Reading session met May 4 to chat all things romance. From the discuss, there were many recommendations across a variety of media:
- Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson Print | eBook
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things by Ian Reid Print | eBook | eAudiobook
- Pudge & Prejudice by A.K. Pittman Print
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (both show and book) Print | Audiobook | eBook
- The Selection by Kiera Cass Print | Playaway | eBook | eAudiobook
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Print | Audiobook | Playaway | eBook | eAudiobook
- Five Feet Apart
- A Walk to Remember
- The Fault in Our Stars
- Midnight in Paris
- Grey’s Anatomy
- New Girl
- The Office
- Downton Abbey
- Gilmore Girls
Reel Reading is hosted by our teen advisory group, Teen Street Team (along with PPL librarians). If you’re interested in joining Teen Street Team, check out our application – it’s due June 1!