Our monthly book club has moved to the virtual world while the library is closed! Read on about what we’re all reading.
What Are You Reading Now? is a monthly book club that met at Haggard Library, focusing on talking about whatever book you were interested in talking about. While the library is closed, this has moved to a weekly virtual meet up via Zoom, on Mondays at 1 p.m. Register online here.
Here is the list of books our attendees spoke about this past Monday:
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab eBook
- False Value by Ben Aaronovitch eBook
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau eBook | eAudiobook | Print book | Audiobook | DVD
- The Firm by John Grisham eBook | Audiobook | Large Print | DVD movie | DVD series
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon eBook | Print book | Audiobook | DVD Season 1, Volume 1
- Kept Animals by Kate Milliken Print book
- Lark Rise To Candleford by Flora Thompson Print book | DVDs Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 and Season 4
- The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg eBook | Print book
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith Large Print | Audiobook | DVD Season 1
- The Paper Kingdom by Helena Ku Rhee Print book
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley eBook | eAudiobook | Print book | Audiobook | Large Print
- A Shortened History of England by G.M. Trevelyne
- Nudge by Richard Thaler eBook | Print book | Print book in Spanish | Audiobook
- Goodbye to Berlin by Christopher Isherwood
- A Life Intercepted by Charles Martin eBook | Print book
- When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin eBook
- You’re Not Listening: What You’re Missing and Why It Matters by Kate Murphy Print Book | Audiobook CDs | Audiobook Playway
- The Good House by Ann Leary Print book | Large Print
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Stout eBook | eAudiobook | Print book | Large Print | DVD
- Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose by Rebekah Lyons eBook | Print book
If you weren’t able to join us, let us know what you’re reading in the comments! See all What Are You Reading Now? book lists here.
While print copies are not available from the library currently, you can use OverDrive (or the Libby app) to download eBooks and eAudiobooks from the library. You can see what’s been added recently in the Just Added list, and even filter search results by items “Available Now” to get only books ready to read.
Read more about Getting Started with Libby on our recent blog post.