Love to cook and want to share with others? Join us at Cook the Book!
Cook the Book meets monthly at Davis Library at 1 pm, each with a different food theme. For December we’re salivating over show stopping desserts. Think decadence, think pipping and decoration, think Instagram-worthy. What would you make?
Our December session, Show Stopping Desserts, meets on December 10. We have four cookbooks on display at Davis Library for you to choose a recipe from:
- American Cake: from Colonial Gingerbread to Classic Layer, the Stories and Recipes Behind More than 125 of our Best-Loved Cakes by Anne Byrn
- Little Flower Baking by Christine Moore
- Bake It, Don’t Fake It: a Pastry Chef Shares her Secrets for Impressive (and Easy) From-Scratch Desserts by Heather Bertinetti
- Honey & Oats: Everyday Favorites Bakes with Whole Grains and Natural Sweeteners by Jennifer Katzinger
The Plano Public Library collection has dozens more baking cookbooks for you to peruse for future cooking! See our Show Stopping Desserts book list to place a request today.
How Cook the Book club works:
- Stop by Davis Library to pick a recipe from a collection of thematic cook books (October’s theme is Savoring the South)
- Ask a library staff member to make a copy of the recipe for you
- Prepare your recipe (write down anything you may have changed or your own suggestions!)
- Show up at Davis Library with your food to share with others
- Repeat monthly
Add these future Cook the Book dates to your calendar now:
December 10, Showstopper Desserts
January 21, It’s All in the Pot
February 18, Food You Love