Learn the basics of branding through community partners and library resources.
A brand represents a promise of what others can expect from a product, company or individual.
According to Investopedia, “a brand is seen as one of a company’s most valuable assets. It represents the face of the company, the recognizable logo, slogan or mark that the public associates with the company.” If you are building a business, a non-profit or your own career, being memorable is important, especially when looking for a new position, potential partners or funding.
How do I build my brand?
Andrella Thomas, a Human Resources Consultant with Capital One, is teaching Elevating Your Personal Brand on Wednesday, November 13 at 6:30 pm at Haggard Library. During this interactive session, participants will explore elements that make up their brand and learn effective techniques aimed to elevate personal and professional brands. No registration is required for this workshop!
Want some follow-up materials? We have plenty on branding and marketing in print and digital format:
- From an Idea to Disney: How Branding Made Disney a Household Name by Lowey Sichol (2019) Print | eBook
- The Tactics of Successful Branding, Great Courses video through Kanopy (2015)
- Advanced Branding, online course through Lynda.com (2016)
- Personal Branding on Social Media, online course through Lynda.com (2016)
- Branding Fundamentals, online course through Lynda.com (2015)
- You’re Hired: the Essential Guide to Job Hunting and Personal Branding by Tom O’Neil (2015)