Looking for employment? Check this out!
The Family Place, Allen Community Outreach and Pivot Talent Group are coordinating a job and health fair on Tuesday, October 22 from 10 am to 1 pm at Chase Oaks Church. Be sure to register for this free event online here.
At this job and health fair, dozens of employers – from Allen ISD to FedEx to Top Golf – will be on site ready to hire. Resume review and mock interviews are also available. Be sure to bring at lease 10 copies of your resume.
Need help putting together a resume beforehand? Check out these books from the library:
- Modernize Your Resume: Get Noticed… Get Hired (2019)
- How to Write a Stellar Executive Resume: 50 Tips to Reaching Your Job Target (2018)
- Motivated Resumes & LinkedIn Profiles (2017)
- Ace Your Teacher Resume (2017)
- Knock ’em Dead Resumes: A Killer Resume Gets More Job Interviews! (2016)
- The Infographic Resume: How to Create a Visual Portfolio that Showcases Your Skills and Lands the Job (2014)
- The Elements of Resume Style: Essential Rules for Writing Resumes and Cover Letters that Work (2014)
If you need to create a resume and print out copies, your local libraries have computers, Internet and printers perfect for this use. Be sure to sign up for a library card first, if you do not already have one, as you will need an account to utilize the computers.
With your library card, you can also access two online resources: Learning Express Library and Tutor.com. Learning Express Library has a Career Center and Job & Career Accelerator, with powerful tools to get you hired and guidance to help you achieve your career goals. With Tutor.com, you can connect with a career coach, drop off a resume for review and search online job resources. Head to our Research & Learn page for a list of databases; Learning Express Library is in the H-N section, and Tutor.com in the O-Z section. Both are free with your library card.