Come to the library for learning with your class, troop or friends!
Small groups can request a class about reading readiness, robotics, career development, STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math), Genealogy and eBooks or request a tour. Larger groups, like schools and other organizations can request a hands-on learning lab to explore innovative technologies, STEAM, language resources and our downloadable apps.
Some of the classes include:
- Blog Builder: Learn about the history of blogs, different types, and the basic components of a blog post. Participants will create their own WordPress blog and write a book review as their first post
- Digital Photography: Learn about different types of cameras, angles, the three-quarters rule, and other photography tricks. Participants can use library-provided iPads or personal devices to take pictures, which will then be edited and arranged into a collage using Photoshop Express
- Storytime: Learn early literacy skills such as letter sounds, vocabulary and narrative skills through a storytime with age-appropriate books, flannel stories, rhymes, puppets and storytelling
- Genealogy: Learn how to use our databases to explore your family’s past. We will demonstrate how to find vital records and discuss how to fill out a pedigree chart
- eBooks & More: Learn how to access the library’s free eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines. Get help downloading the apps. Bring your reader, table, or smartphone and go home ready to read
Head to our website to request your small group class, tour or hands-on learning lab today: https://www.plano.gov/843/Outreach