Love to cook and want to share with others? Join us at Cook the Book!
Cook the Book meets monthly at Davis Library at 1 pm, each with a different food theme.
How Cook the Book club works:
- Stop by Davis Library to pick a recipe from a collection of thematic cook books (October’s theme is Savoring the South)
- Ask a library staff member to make a copy of the recipe for you
- Prepare your recipe (write down anything you may have changed or your own suggestions!)
- Show up at Davis Library with your food to share with others
- Repeat monthly
Our October session, Savoring the South, meets on October 15. We have four cookbooks on display at Davis Library for you to choose a recipe from:
- Screen Doors and Sweet Tea by Martha Hall Foose
- Mrs. Rowe’s Little Book of Southern Pies by Mollie Cox Bryan
- Sweetness by Christy Jordan
- Southern Living’s 1001 Ways to Cook Southern
The Plano Public Library collection has dozens more southern cookbooks for you to peruse for future cooking! See our Savoring the South cookbook list on our catalog here.